Tuesday 6 November 2012

Lunch by the Lake


 

Yesterday I took my lunch to the Lake. It is a peaceful place away from the intensity that is my workplace. I watched as a small bird hopped, flew and hovered around the large tree in front of me searching for its lunch of insects. On the bark and around the roots it fossicked and hunted, pecking at the morsels it discovered before it moved on busily searching elsewhere. A magpie came to the window of my car looking for an easy feed. When none came his way he moved on to other cars and picnickers. A couple of ducks went gliding by, silently searching the water for who knows what. A refreshing and peaceful interlude was over and I returned to the busyness of the afternoon. 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to spend lunch and recharge your batteries!

    ReplyDelete